Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Sweet Google

I am an unpaid spokesman for this, but the Google suite of products is sweet.

You may already be well aware of this good news, but I have recently become a fan of the personalized Google homepage and extries. I can:
manage my G(oogle)mail email from there
keep an online calendar
get online space for pictures
peruse the news of my choice from numerous different sources
receive daily Calvin and Hobbes
track the weather
get photos of the day
try famous optical illusions
check current moon phase
play Pacman and/or Frogger
use the currency converter
stare blankly at daily cat pictures
try new recipes
get my horoscope or yours

Really anything I want within reason. And it's all free for me.

The calendar is fantastic bombastic. Since it is online, wife can get in and add stuff from wherever she wants so that I don't miss stuff that she tells me. Occasionally I delete stuff on the planner in my head.

I can put lots and lots of pictures (and maybe movies) online so that the world or just friends can see. This is great news for me since I have no family within 4 hours and they are now able to substitute the computer images for the real thing. Great, no? Intermittently they do come for a close up view.

So check it out. It has proved useful. Google dot com, top right, "personalized homepage."

3 comments:

stevie said...

you read a river runs through it recently? IT'S FANTASTIC, isn't it?

all cars said...

Just starting it. It's getting good. Quickly. Recently I have wanted to go back and read stuff I didn't when I was younger.

Now that I don't HAVE to, I want to. Interesting huh.

all cars said...

I forgot one of the best parts of the calendar. I can have text message reminders sent to my phone for any appointment I have set up. Free service. Assuming you get text messages free on your phone.

So great.