Friday, February 16, 2007

Apparently C. S. Lewis' The Screwtape Letters, is bound for the big screen. I'm not sure what to think about this. I read the book recently and enjoyed it but can't really picture it as a movie. Perhaps that's why I don't currently work in Hollywood. I also don't live near there, so that makes it hard as well.

I suppose I am looking forward to seeing it if only to see how it's brought to life. But unlike the Lord of the Rings or Chronicles of Narnia, it is not (at least from memory) a very picturesque story. As the title suggests, it really is just a series of letters from an uncle to a nephew. However, it did throw some light on dark places I don't like to talk about. Maybe I'll read it again this weekend. It is short. My guess is there will be significant creative license wielded with this film.

So my advice to the movie makers: don't screw it up.

1 comment:

Mike San Marco said...

I read it on a train in England. I was in a C.S. Lewis kind of mood.

I really enjoyed it and look forward to seeing the film.