Thanks for visiting. Hope that was helpful for you.

Right, right, the question: "Could Where You Live Affect Heart Health?"
Now that's a good way to get my attention. Thank you newspaper people for shocking me once again into reading something I already knew. These shock headlines annoy when they don't reflect the content of an article. Especially when the link headline is different than the actual article headline. It works, I read it, but it's annoying and makes me not want to trust you in the future.
It turns out there are particular states that have higher rates of heart trouble. So does the state determine that? Or education and diet determine that? Just asking. "Several of the states with the highest heart disease rates lie in a swath of Southeastern states known for high-fat diets." Uhhh, yeah, that's what I thought.
But here is what really struck me, even before I clicked on the link "Could Where You Live Affect Heart Health?" The answer I heard to the question was, "Yes." It's funny that I've been learning about this and then a USA Today headline catches my attention to lead me back there. And then here's where I went.
Where do I live? In bitterness? In judgement and condemnation? In jealousy? In unforgiveness? Yeah, I live there some. More than I even recognize. BUT, it's being revealed more and more. Which is disturbing...but good.
I'm in the process of moving but I've got lots of luggage still at the old place. And it's hidden away in a maze of closets I can't even find. The light hasn't been very good over there so I often don't see my bags. But I'm learning to pull them out when the light comes on. And I can't even turn the lights on myself. I guess it's good that I've at least learned that I'm no electrician, which saves me some heartache.
Simply, this is what I hear about this place. IT'S NOT GOOD.I'd like to get on over to the new place. Forgiveness. Grace. Humility. Joy. It seems to be a pretty well lit place. Skylights and big, tall windows with a great view. There's even loot over there. You'd think I'd enjoy this place more, even out of selfishness, but I find myself at the old address frequently. Probably out of habit. (I really think there's more to it than that.) But it reminds me of Paul (Romans 7).
"The new survey, [the lead author] says, supplies the estimated prevalence of people 'actually living with heart disease.'" Yeah, funny thing though, how alive can I really be with this heart disease I'm speaking of? And I'd guess this heart disease is pretty rampant. Too bad an EKG won't diagnose this.
Could Where You Live Affect Heart Health?
Yes, I agree with this research.
1 comment:
Colin - i like this! i agree - where my heart lives is more real to me than the roof over my head. this reminds me of Deut 30:19 -
19 This day I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live
I'll choose to live in the light of forgiveness, grace, humility, and joy!
thanks for the good word.
-tp
Post a Comment