Friday, March 23, 2007

bits and pieces

I am not from Texas. Nor do I expect I ever will be. But I really really like this song by Mr. Lovett. "That's Right (You're Not From Texas)" (Or 저것은 너가 택사스에서 이지 않는 권리 이다 as they like to say in Korea.) He is from Texas. And an Aggie as I hear. Sure do wish I could post it here so you could enjoy it as I do.

A River Runs Through It. What a fantastic bunch of words and sentences this turned out to be.

I learned something about me this week. I am an experimentalist. But I compare myself to conceptualists. That has not worked out well for me.

People that talk in 3rd person produce two distinct results in me. They either crack me up or annoy endlessly. I am especially humored when they are not famous. For instance, an aunt. Wife and I have at least one such person.

I would like to have a secretary. Or business manager. Or lackey. And a new pair of running shoes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joel would like to have a new pair of sneakers as well. One time Joel had those new Jordans back in 1989 and I thought I could dunk. Apparently my height and weight said "no". On a side note my height and weight sounded like Willis from Different Strokes. As far as a secretary or someone you can tell what to do, I don't think they can help you dunk.

Mike San Marco said...

I'll help you dunk if you pay me.