If you visit me out here often, hopefully I'll have some good stuff. Hopefully you'll be encouraged, or challenged, or heart broken enough to do something. I'd be pleased if I can stir something in you, especially if it moves you to seek the Father.
Sometimes it will be nonsense. Sometimes it will just be part of what is going on in and around me, which could very well be nonsense.
Sometimes, maybe oftentimes, I'll just repeat something I heard elsewhere but want to share. This is one of those times.
A member of the clergy arrives in heaven and is greeted at the gate by Peter, Jesus’ disciple. “Well hi, how are you?”
“Fine,” the man answered. “Do I just walk in?”
“That depends,” Peter answered. “How many points you got?”
“Points? What points?”
“You know, points for doing good things.”
The man didn’t look too concerned. “I’ve done a lot of good things,” the man answered.
“So, how many points do you have?”
“I have no idea. How many points do I need?”
“You need one hundred points to get in,” Peter answers.
“One hundred points? Is that all? That shouldn’t be too tough. I worked at the soup kitchen for 20 years will that…?”
“Certainly. I can give you a point for that.” Peter answered.
“A point for each time?” the man asked hopeful.
“No, a point for the whole thing.” Peter seemed a bit perturbed.
“Only a point?” The man was shocked. “Well, I was a pastor for 40 years.”
“Hmmm,” Peter thought a moment. “I guess I can give you a point for that too.
The man was dumbfounded. How could he possibly get enough points at this rate? While he was thinking of enough ways to get points, a businessman that he knew while on earth walked by, waving at Peter. “Hi, Pete. How are you doing?”
Peter waved back with a smile. “I’m doing great. Enjoy yourself.” And with that the man just walked through the gates.
The cleric looked confused and turned to Peter. “You mean that guy has a hundred points?”
“That guy?” Peter asked pointing over his shoulder. “He’s not playing this game.”
I don't want any part of this game. I want OUT.

No comments:
Post a Comment