Tuesday, January 16, 2007

you can relax

I hope you weren't worried but I was locked out of the house for a bit. Apparently I have too many email addresses and passwords, and logins, and user names. So I forgot how to get in. Surprised I'm sure.

I was watching Espen the other day and was on the way out the door but caught the beginning of a spot. I heard an interesting question. Or maybe I heard something that made me think of this question. It's been a couple of weeks now.

So the question is, across any major sport and any time period, who is the most clutchest of athletes?

I have to say soccer, hockey and boxing are out. Maybe hockey could get by based on a goalie but I don't know enough to make that call. I think we're talking the likes of Montana, Jordan, Reggie Jackson, Federer, Tiger. Too many to list without feeling like I've left somebody off. Even the smaller fish like Jeter, Reggie Miller and Kimo von Oelhoffen. I'm not saying you have to like them, but who do you not want with the ball when your team is up. And I'm not saying they have to be the best, we're talking clutch.

In the 3 minutes or so of focused effort considering this question, I've got to go with MJ. Is there any more lasting image than "The Shot"?

And since we're playing this game, who is the biggest choker? Latrell Sprewell does not count.

1 comment:

Mike San Marco said...

Clutch? Stupid Reggie Miller

Rumeal Robinson

Choke? Stupid Knicks against Reggie Miller

Chris Webber