I have found myself going through this March Madness type tournament on CMT.com today. 64 videos from amateur/semi-pro country/not-so-country musicians. There are a bunch, as in a BUNCH, of not good songs. I only write this to say you know a song is not going to be good when it is titled "I Still Think About You" and the first line is "I just googled your name again." I am pretty sure but any reference to Google disqualifies a song from respectability unless you're Brad Paisley. I think that dude can sing about anything he wants.
This does make me feel better about my own writing that has taken a multi-year hiatus.
However, this gives me a chance to start what is hopefully a reoccurring occurrence here. What I think would make a good movie or song title. The newest is
Lonely Kingdom.

I think this could make for a fine movie one day. I'd probably go see it. How could that not be good.
Oh, and one of the videos was made in my old home town outside of Cleveland. How wacko is that?
3 comments:
Wow, there really are an incredible number of ways to ruin a music video. One free tip is to tune your instruments.
Dude, I totally agree. I think pop culture references in a country song totally destroy it. In addition to "Google," I think "E.P.T" should be outlawed... and pretty much anything in a Lonestar song. I can't stand them.
But yes, Brad Paisley can totally get away with it because he rips.
Let's talk country music writing sometime.
Just as an outline we'll start with alcohol, pets (namely dogs), significant others (mostly ex-wives), the US of A, and motorized vehicles.
Post a Comment